10 #1 best practices for OS Deployment with ConfigMgr 2012 R2
October 31, 2014 1 Comment
Here’s a quick list of the links from my TechEd Europe session this morning. More info to follow over the next few weeks!
“KISS—start simple, and work your way toward complexity.” – Rob Marshall
“Automate process to import drivers and create driver packages.” – Kent Agerlund and “Automate, Automate, Automate. Manually building images is not what anyone should be paid for. It’s a waste of money and time.” – Jason Sandys
“Always use MDT integration with the Validate step to prevent the ultimate oops.” – Tim Mintner
“Be patient, and think before you act.” – Aaron Czechowski
“Please, test on one system first.” – Michael Niehaus
- Use RBA to reduce risk – Greg Ramsey
- Use Maintenance Windows to reduce accidental required TS deployment – Mike Terrill
- Use PowerShell Scripts to fill in the gaps in OSD Process – Trevor Sullivan
- Use VM snapshots to speed testing – Bill Moore
- Listen to Johan – Multiples. . .
- Continue on Error is not your friend – Greg Ramsey
- PnP only works at Contoso – Mikael Nystrom