January 13, 2012 1 Comment
Sometimes you need to see a little more detail in the log files. Here’s a quick post for how to enable debug logging on the ConfigMgr 2012 Client:
- Launch Regedit.exe as an administrator.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\Logging\@GLOBAL and modify the following as desired:
- LogLevel = 1 (default) – Set this value to 0 (zero) to enable Debug Logging
- LogMaxHistory = 1 (default) – This is the maximum number of rollover log files to keep. Increase this number to keep additional rollover logs.
- LogMaxSize = 250000 (decimal, which is 245 kb) – increase this number to increase the max log size for each log.
- Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\Logging], and Create a new KEY of the name “DebugLogging”
- Cycle the SMS Agent Host service (ccmexec.)
(*Note: In ConfigMgr 2012, we have an x86 and an x64 client, so no need to go through the Wow6432Node registry tree.)
Debug logging is great, but it does add some overhead, so be sure to remove the debug logging settings as soon as possible.